29 East 73rd Street
Upper East Side Historic District
An Italianate/neo-Grec style rowhouse designed by J.W. Marshall and built in 1871. Application is to legalize and modify signage installed without Landmarks Preservation Commission permit(s).
CB8 Hearing: 07/18/16 (Approved)
LPC Hearing: 07/26/16 (Approved)
The proposed display case offers a sensible and discreet solution to enclose existing and future signage. FRIENDS does not support illegal work on landmarked buildings, but since this rowhouse did have a sign in the window when it was designated, we find this sign to be acceptable. We hope that the profile of the glass frame will be as minimal as presented, and if so, can support this application.