122 East 95th Street
C. Abbott French & Co.
Expanded Carnegie Hill Historic District
A Queen Anne style row house designed by C. Abbott French & Co. and built in 1887-88. Application is to replace windows and doors and construct a rooftop bulkhead.
CB8 Hearing: 04/18/12 (Approved)
LPC Hearing: 05/08/12 (Approved)
FRIENDS’ Preservation Committee finds the proposed changes on the basement and parlor level to be thoughtful and appropriate. In particular, the recessed brick infill, signifying the memory of the original door, is a nice touch. Such care and consideration should be given to the fourth floor windows. Because documentation of the historic tripartite condition exists, our committee favors a return to the original configuration. We ask the Commission to work with the applicant in addressing this change to the proposal.