11 E 75th Street
William E. Mowbray; modified by Henry M. Polhemus
1887-89; Modifications: 1923
Upper East Side Historic District
A row house designed by William E. Mowbray and built in 1887-89, and modified in a neo-Federal style by Henry M. Polhemus in 1923. Application is to modify the front façade, install areaway fencing, modify the rear façade, and construct a rooftop addition.
CB8 Hearing: 07/18/12 (Approved)
LPC Hearing: 08/07/12 (Approved)
The proposed alterations and rooftop addition to 11 East 75th Street are thoughtfully-considered and the Preservation Committee at FRIENDS found them to be appropriate. While our committee typically objects to the installation of areaway fences, the applicant’s fence is of modest height and relates contextually to its neighbors. We therefore ask the Commission to approve this application.