Celebrate the holidays by baking your favorite building, and join New Yorkers who love architecture and baking! We are teaming up with some of New York’s preservation non-profits to crown the best building baker.
From now until December 7, create a baked treat inspired by your favorite New York building. It can be a gingerbread brownstone, cupcake Guggenheim, or cookies frosted with the Brooklyn Bridge. All are welcome, as long as you create it.
To participate, send an email with your name, the name of the building and a photo of your creation to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’d like you can also share your photo on social media. Don’t forget to tag us @friendsoftheues and use the hashtags #PreservationBakes and #BakeMyFavoriteBuilding! FRIENDS staff will choose a winner on December 11th via our social media platforms, website, and email.
Winners from seven preservation groups will go head-to-head. A panel of judges (bakers and architects alike) will make the final decision and crown New York’s best building baker. The prize is having fun, and sharing your love of New York’s amazing buildings!
- Entries can be submitted via email to email@example.com, or via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, using the hashtags #PreservationBakes and #BakeMyFavoriteBuilding;
- All entries must be submitted and received by 5:00 pm ET on December 7, 2020;
- All submissions must include your name, and the name and address of the building that inspired your creation;
- Submit at least two photos, including one of the baking process and one of the finished baked item;
- By submitting photos, participants certify that the baked item(s) pictured as well as image(s) provided are theirs, and grant FRIENDS of the Upper East Side Historic Districts the right to use the photos for purposes of promoting the contest;
- FRIENDS reserves the right to edit or omit submissions.