973 Fifth Avenue
McKim, Mead, and White
Metropolitan Museum Historic District
A neo-Italian Renaissance Revival style town house designed by McKim, Mead, and White, and built in 1902-05. Application is to construct rooftop additions.
CB8 Hearing: 11/18/13 (Approved)
LPC Hearing: 11/26/13 (Laid Over); 12/10/13 (Approved)
The rooftop elevator bulkhead currently existing at 973 Fifth Avenue is highly visible above the Henry F. Sinclair House, and with the proposed reconfiguration it will remain so. Despite the creation of an second stair bulkhead, the Preservation Committee at FRIENDS found the added mass to have little adverse effect on the roofscape of this building and block. FRIENDS supports Commission approval of this application.