1440 Lexington Avenue
Frederick T. Camp
Construct a rear addition and excavate the cellar
Carnegie Hill Historic District
A flats building designed by Frederick T. Camp and built in 1882-83. Application is to construct a rear addition and excavate the cellar.
CB8 Hearing: 1/14/13 (Approved)
LPC Hearing: 1/22/13 (Approved)
The proposed one-story rear addition to 1440 Lexington Avenue is minimal and does little to disrupt the rear yard conditions of the block. The FRIENDS Preservation Committee supports Commission approval of this application.