Celebrate the holidays by baking your favorite building, and join New Yorkers who love architecture and baking! We are teaming up with some of New York’s preservation non-profits to crown the best building baker.
From now until December 7, create a baked treat inspired by your favorite New York building. It can be a gingerbread brownstone, cupcake Guggenheim, or cookies frosted with the Brooklyn Bridge. All are welcome, as long as you create it. FRIENDS staff will choose a winner on December 11th via our social media platforms, website, and email.
Winners from seven preservation groups will go head-to-head. A panel of four judges (bakers and architects alike) will make the final decision and crown New York’s best building baker. The prize is having fun, and sharing your love of New York’s amazing buildings!
- Entries can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, using the hashtags #PreservationBakes and #BakeMyFavoriteBuilding;
- All entries must be submitted and received by 5:00 pm ET on December 7, 2020;
- All submissions must include your name, and the name and address of the building that inspired your creation;
- Submit at least two photos, including one of the baking process and one of the finished baked item;
- By submitting photos, participants certify that the baked item(s) pictured as well as image(s) provided are theirs, and grant FRIENDS of the Upper East Side Historic Districts the right to use the photos for purposes of promoting the contest;
- FRIENDS reserves the right to edit or omit submissions.
Fany Gerson, baker
Pamela Jerome, architect
Liz Diller, architect
Eric Haugen, chef at the Lambs Club
Building History Detectives: Scavenger Hunt
Are you wondering who is the lucky winner of unlimited neighborhood bragging rights, and a copy of Shaped by Immigrants: A History of Yorkville? We will be contacting all participants this week, but in the meantime, head over to our website page and find out the answers to our scavenger hunt!
Susan De Vries:
Building History Detectives