FRIENDS seeks nominations for both architecture and advocacy. The awards committee will consider all submissions, large and small, that have furthered the cause of maintaining the special sense of place of the Upper East Side.
Please read our eligibility requirements below and submit nominations by January 11, 2013.
- Projects must be located between 59th and 100th Streets, and between 5th Avenue and the East River and including Central Park.
- Projects must have been substantially completed between December 1, 2011 and December 1, 2012.
- Only the exteriors of architectural projects and/or historically significant interiors will be considered.
- Preservation projects should be for restoration, rehabilitation, or adaptive re-use of historic buildings (including Post World War II architecture). The buildings may be located either in or out of the historic districts.
- New construction is also eligible for awards.
- Individuals or advocacy groups must have contributed to the preservation of the Upper East Side’s built environment.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or click here to download the nomination form.