Call for Entries
In spring 2021, FRIENDS of the Upper East Side Historic Districts will once again celebrate outstanding achievement in preservation, architecture, and advocacy on the Upper East Side during our 38th Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony.
Although we were unable to meet in person to recognize our 2020 awardees, we did not let them go uncelebrated. If you missed our Awards Series, you can check it out here. FRIENDS will continue to recognize the exceptional accomplishments in preservation on the Upper East Side at our Award Ceremony in 2021.
The awards categories are flexible and can vary each year. Among other areas of accomplishment, previous winners have demonstrated excellence in Restoration, Rehabilitation, Design, and Stewardship. Individuals and advocacy groups are also eligible.
FRIENDS seeks nomination for both architecture and advocacy. The awards committee will consider all submissions, large and small, that have furthered the cause of maintaining the special sense of place of the Upper East Side.
Please read our eligibility requirements below and submit nominations by January 15, 2021.
- Projects must be located between 59th and 110th Streets, and between 5th Avenue and the East River, including Central Park and Roosevelt Island.
- Projects must have been substantially completed between December 1, 2019 and December 1, 2020.
- Only the exteriors of architectural projects and/or historically significant interiors will be considered.
- Preservation projects should be for restoration, rehabilitation, or adaptive re-use of historic buildings (including post-World War II architecture). The buildings may be located either in or out of the historic districts.
- New construction is also eligible.
- Individuals or advocacy groups must have contributed to the preservation of the Upper East Side’s built environment.